- Key role in Operations
- Unique opportunity to join a company leading change in the industry
- Secure permanent full-time position
Tellus Holdings Ltd (‘Tellus’) is an innovative environmental services business focused on cleaning up Australia of its hazardous waste. We aim to do this by developing world-class geological repositories and reinvesting in our communities through a circular economy and recycling technologies. Tellus has recently opened Australia’s first commercial geological repository in remote WA and has several other geological repository and circular economy projects in the pipeline.
Reporting to Sandy Ridge Production Supervisor, the role will be based at our Sandy Ridge Project, hazardous waste storage facility, 140km north-west of Kalgoorlie. The Sandy Ridge Facility is a residential site, with FIFO from Jandakot or DIDO from regional towns. Operations are dayshift only, currently on an 8:6 roster. The project has a design life of at least 25 years and will operate with a team of between 10 and 20 Tellus staff (per swing) and between 10 and 25 contractor staff depending upon activities at the time.
The role is part of the Operations Department, where service, people, sustainability, and safety are all key values.
Our operators provide a range of operator duties on our Sandy Ridge facility including:
- Forklift and 4WD forklift operation (for use in waste placement)
- Front End Loader and IT Loader operation
- Excavator operation with bucket and grab attachments
- Grader operation (including maintenance grading of facility access roads)
- Articulated Dump Truck operation
- Roller compactor operation
- Water truck operation up to road train configuration
- Prime mover operation with skell trailer to transport sea containers
- Manual activities of various types including but not limited to cleaning and washing plant and vehicles, use of hand tools, assisting the maintenance supervisor with minor tasks, road marker and signage maintenance, general labouring activities and cleaning.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role, we required the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ operating mobile plant in a mining/construction or industrial workplace
- Minimum HR (MC for Road train Water truck) class driving licence.
- Ability to show demonstrated competency on required equipment.
- Thrives in a team environment where open communication and support for each other is essential.
- Willingness to accept responsibility in different roles as needed on site.
- A strong commitment to safety and personnel development.
- Strong commitment to the Company’s policies, procedures, and Values.
- Other training and tickets will be provided as required.
- Experience in storage and handling of Dangerous Goods
- Waste management experience
- Working at Heights
- EWP ticket
- Controlled waste experience
- Remote site operation and/or FIFO/DIDO experience
Interested candidates for this role should submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter detailing their specific skills, tickets, and experience. Confidential discussions are welcome.
As this is an urgent start, interviews will be conducted immediately, with all applications to be closed by 9th December 2022.
We encourage applicants from our Sandy Ridge operations local communities to apply for this opportunity, with the option to drive in drive out to our site operations for their rostered swing.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tellus Holdings strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Indigenous Australians are particularly encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agencies please.
Previous applicants need not reapply.