General Counsel & Company Secretary
- Highly autonomous role reporting directly to the CEO (GC) and Board (CoSec)
- Be treated as a trusted business advisor and not just a lawyer
- Unique opportunity to join an innovative environmental services business that has a national footprint, exciting equity upside and significant growth potential
- Liaise with senior Commonwealth and State regulators, key clients and communities
- Ability to develop the internal legal function
Tellus Holdings Ltd (‘Tellus’), a public unlisted company, is an innovative environmental services business focused on cleaning up Australia of its hazardous waste. We aim to do this by developing world-class geological repositories and reinvesting in our communities through a circular economy and recycling technologies. Tellus has recently opened Australia’s first commercial geological repository in remote WA and has several other geological repository and circular economy projects in the pipeline.
We are passionate about our mission and are seeking a future executive team member who shares our commitment to make Australia a cleaner (and better) place to live for current and future generations. We are a young, growing company with a mature outlook: everything we do must be about trust, integrity, service and
This highly respected position will be responsible to lead the provision of crucial commercial legal support as General Counsel to our business, and to facilitate the corporate governance processes and compliance supporting the Board of Directors as the Tellus Group Company Secretary.
This role will involve working closely with multiple stakeholders across the Tellus business while holding responsibility for the full legal, governance and company secretarial requirements of the Group. Although this is a hands-on role and the applicant must still be able and willing to complete legal work internally, being a crucial role for our Board and on the Executive team, it has the scope to significantly influence the Tellus’ commercial decisions.
We are seeking an experienced and strategically aligned General Counsel with similar experience at a senior management level. We will be looking for evidence of the incumbent’s skill in ensuring company conformance to its legal and statutory obligations; following best practice standards of corporate governance and delivering timely and efficient administration of Board affairs. Your experience must include experience in the areas of contract negotiation and corporate risk management.
Candidates will need to specifically demonstrate the following minimum job requirements in their application:
- Trust and integrity
- Passion for cleaning up the environment and working with a dynamic team in a values-based culture
- At least 10+ years’ demonstrated corporate law experience (including commercial law)
- Holding a current Australian legal practicing certificate
- Previous Company Secretary experience is highly desirable
- Strong contract negotiator and deal closer
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent legal drafting skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong business acumen with a strategic and proactive solutions focus
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills demonstrated through an engaging personality and high EQ
- Mature, responsible approach and willingness to take ownership
- Be IT-savvy including INX systems (desirable) and advanced Microsoft Office suite skills across Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Satisfactory outcome to a pre-employment medical examination and obtaining a current national criminal history record check
- Have the Right to Work in Australia
Should you have any enquiries about the role, please contact us on email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
All applications should be made via this link https://www.seek.com.au/job/53661529?type=standout#searchRequestToken=1989a4f6-e18b-4174-9acb-62b06ffead3b