General Manager Environment and Approvals
- Join an innovative environmental services business with an exciting national project pipeline
- Perth based work location
- Near term expansion plans in WA
Tellus Holdings Ltd is a progressive environmental services business with a mission to clean up Australia of hazardous waste. We do this by developing world-class geological repositories and innovative circular economy technologies. Tellus has recently opened Australia’s first commercial geological repository in WA and now has exciting expansion plans with a national footprint.
We are passionate about our mission and are seeking a team member who shares our commitment to make Australia a cleaner and safer place to live.
We are a young, growing company with a mature outlook: where everything we do must be about trust, integrity, service and excellence. We offer a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace where every employee is part of a dynamic, high performance team.
Reporting to our Chief Development Officer, this is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader seeking a challenging program of work. Travel to our project sites will be required on a need’s basis, as will inter-state travel from time to time.
You should have the following expertise, experience and temperament to be considered for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 15+ years’ experience in environmental management, impact assessment, environmental regulatory requirements and approval processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing cross functional professionals and providing support and advice to development and operations teams.
- Operational knowledge of environmental reporting frameworks, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience developing social and environmental strategies and related programs, policies, and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of environmental reporting frameworks and developments in current market practice.
- Experience planning and delivering environmental related programs and initiatives.
- Stakeholder experience with specific focus on community engagement.
- Previous experience with traditional owner groups and enhancing indigenous opportunities within a business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage effectively with stakeholders and build productive working relationships at all levels.
- Experience working collaboratively on a cross-functional basis.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- A warm, engaging personality, with a high EQ
- Ability to uphold the highest levels of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
- Critical and strategic thinker
- Mature, responsible approach and willingness to take ownership
- Strong business acumen including a high attention to detail
- IT-savvy including INX systems (desirable) and advanced Microsoft Office suite skills across Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Satisfactory outcome to a pre-employment medical examination
- Satisfactory outcome to a national criminal history record check
- Right to work in Australia
Should you have any enquiries about the role, please contact us on email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
All applications should be made via this link: https://www.seek.com.au/job/54129311?type=standout#searchRequestToken=473ac6a3-42b4-4159-94fb-d5810cc0406a
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tellus Holdings strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Indigenous Australians are particularly encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agencies please.