Receivals Officer & Operator
- Key role in Operations
- Unique opportunity to join a company leading change in the industry
- Secure permanent full-time position
Tellus Holdings Ltd (‘Tellus’) is an innovative environmental services business focused on cleaning up Australia of its hazardous waste. We aim to do this by developing world-class geological repositories and reinvesting in our communities through a circular economy and recycling technologies. Tellus has recently opened Australia’s first commercial geological repository in remote WA and has several other geological repository and circular economy projects in the pipeline.
Reporting to Sandy Ridge Production Supervisor, the role will be based at the Sandy Ridge Project, hazardous waste storage facility, 140km north-west of Kalgoorlie. You will be part of the Operations Department, working closely with the on-site staff and contractors and Tellus’ internal corporate team, where service, people, sustainability and safety are all key values.
The Sandy Ridge Facility is a residential site, with FIFO from Jandakot or DIDO from regional towns. Operations are dayshift only, on an 8:6 roster (currently). The project has a design life of at least 25 years and will operate with a team of between 12 and 20 Tellus staff (per swing) and between 11 and 26 contractor staff depending upon activities at the time.
The position offered presents a unique opportunity to use your skills in developing and implementing the operational phase of a new and innovative hazardous waste handling and storage facility, the first of its kind in Australia.
The role will be responsible for the waste receivals on site to ensure that all freight is received, scanned, entered and unloaded accurately and safely.
The role will be responsible for the processing of deliveries to and dispatches (backloads) off site, from beginning to end including checking on:
- Required paperwork against consignment content
- Correct labelling of goods delivered
- Delivery vehicle inspections
- Delivery data entry requirements
- Completion of required exit paperwork
In this role, you will also be responsible for the supervision of all site delivery personnel on site, coordination of the unloading, checking and dispatch process. Some equipment operations will also be required including forklift duties.
- Dangerous goods knowledge
- Previous chain of responsibility training and/or experience
- Previous logistic receivals experience desirable
- Good computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate data entry skills with high level of accuracy
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Be solutions focused with good problem-solving skills
- Can operate self-sufficiently and has good organisation and planning skills
- Holds a High-Risk forklift ticket
- Instils a safety-first approach in all areas of operation and in line with the company’s safety expectations and culture
- Alignment with our culture of passion for our business and our people; and company values
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable relationships across all levels of the company with a consultative and team-based approach
- Mature, responsible approach, with the willingness to be self-directed, pro-active and to take ownership
- Strong work ethic
Should you have any enquiries about the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All applications should be made via this link https://www.seek.com.au/job/53659813?type=standout#searchRequestToken=1989a4f6-e18b-4174-9acb-62b06ffead3b