SANDY RIDGE PROJECT UPDATE – APRIL 2020
Tellus Holdings Ltd (Tellus) is pleased to provide further details on the progress of construction of its Sandy Ridge Facility. Construction is well underway and continues to progress in line with our schedule and budget.
- Stage 1 Construction – Site establishment and long lead items complete
- Stage 2A Construction – 71 room permanent village and temporary surface storage area complete
- Crown lease – 99 year lease signed and registered
- Works approvals – all works approvals required for construction have now been granted
- Stage 2B Construction – Main facility build in progress
- Operations – Tellus intends to begin accepting waste for storage upon receipt of final pending government approvals and in-cell placement is on track for Q3 2020.
The construction program has now reached peak manning onsite with approximately 100 direct and 250 indirect jobs. Sandy Ridge Facility Mt Dimer airstrip is now certified and in-use, which has initiated direct charter flights to site, providing an efficient and safe transport for our employees.
We invite you to view highlights from construction to date by watching the short video linked below.
Next steps for Stage 2 are the air dome installation and balance of works.
Tellus continues to expand its corporate and project team and rollout site specific procedures, management systems and training.
Further information related to Tellus’ employment opportunities can be found here.
Further information related to Tellus’ services can be found here
For client enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.