Sandy Ridge Project Update – February 2020
Tellus is pleased to announce that it has received the final works approval (W6308/2019/1) that enables the balance of construction works at our Sandy Ridge Facility. This approval authorises Tellus to build the balance of the main facility, including waste storage and handling infrastructure for Class IV (hazardous) and V (intractable) wastes.
Construction of Tellus’ Sandy Ridge Facility is well underway and is progressing in-line with our schedule and budget.
- Stage 1 Construction – Site establishment and long lead items complete
- Stage 2A Construction – 71 room permanent village and temporary surface storage area complete
- Crown lease – 99 year lease signed and registered
- Works approvals – all three works approvals required for construction have now been granted (site establishment; temporary surface storage and the main facility)
- Stage 2B Construction – Main facility build has commenced
- Operations – Tellus intends to begin accepting waste for storage upon receipt of final pending government approvals and in-cell placement is on track for Q3 2020.
Tellus continues to expand its corporate and project team and rollout site specific procedures, management systems and training.
Further information related to Tellus’ employment opportunities can be found here.
Operational equipment for surface storage, waste verification, container handling and emergency response has been procured and has been mobilised to site. The Tellus team are completing numerous trial runs and simulations, including emergency response training to test our systems prior to first operations.
Further information related to Tellus’ services can be found here
For client enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.