- Key role in operation
- Unique opportunity to join a company leading change in the industry
- Secure permanent full-time position
Tellus Holdings Ltd (‘Tellus’) is an innovative environmental services business focused on cleaning up Australia of its hazardous waste. We aim to do this by developing world-class geological repositories and reinvesting in our communities through a circular economy and recycling technologies. Tellus has recently opened Australia’s first commercial geological repository in remote WA and has several other geological repository and circular economy projects in the pipeline.
The Sandy Ridge Facility is a residential site, with FIFO from Jandakot or DIDO from regional towns. Operations are dayshift only, on an 8:6 roster. The project has a design life of at least 25 years and will operate with a team of between 12 and 20 Tellus staff (per swing) and between 11 and 26 contractor staff depending upon activities at the time.
The positions offered present a unique opportunity to use your skills in developing and implementing the operational phase of a new and innovative hazardous waste handling and storage facility, the first of its kind in Australia.
If you want to be involved right at the beginning of the development of a new site and innovative business which avoids the cyclic nature of mineral prices, and casual short-term nature of construction projects this is the job for you.
Operators are required for a range of duties. Multi-skilling across several of the duties listed below will be essential.
- Container reach stacker operation
- Forklift and (waste sampling operations)
- Fixed plant (batching mix plant) operation
- Front End Loader operation
- Articulated Dump Truck operation
- 4WD forklift operation (waste placement)
- Roller compactor operation
- Water truck operation
- Manual activities of various types including but not limited to cleaning and washing plant and vehicles, use of hand tools, assisting the maintenance supervisor with minor tasks, road marker and signage maintenance and cleaning.
- Strong initiative towards problem solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Willingness to accept responsibility in different roles
- A strong commitment to safety and personnel development
- Strong commitment to the Company’s policies and procedures
- Being flexible and a motivated self-starter
- Passionate about safety
- Sound judgment
- Mature, consistent and organised
- A minimum of 2 years’ operating mobile plant in a mining or industrial workplace
- Experience in storage and handling of Dangerous Goods
- Waste management experience
- Controlled waste experience
- Remote site operation and/or FIFO/DIDO experience
- Minimum c class driving licence
- Other plant or high-risk tickets
- Other training and tickets will be provided
Further information on role requirements is outlined in the Position Description available from Human Resources.
Enquiries and applications should be directed to email@example.com in the first instance. Confidential discussions are welcome.
Tellus Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous Australians are particularly encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agencies please.