Our purpose is to safely clean up Australia of hazardous materials.
for our People & Hazardous Materials
- Safety is part of everything we do. We demand it in all aspects of our business.
- We are vigilant. In identifying and raising risks at all levels of our business and appropriately managing such risk to ensure the Safety of our people, our clients’ materials, the environment and our communities.
- Safe place to be you. We value diversity and we maintain a Safe place for all staff to ‘bring their whole self’ to work
- Work Safe, Home Safe. Everyone at Tellus has a responsibility for our ongoing Safe operations and ensuring our team gets home Safe to their families.
- Fill the gap. We “fill the gap” with trust because we know everyone at Tellus treats each other with respect and gives their best.
- Be Respectfully Direct. We build the trust of our stakeholders and teams by being candid and direct, even when it’s challenging.
- Act with Integrity. We build and maintain credibility by acting with integrity and treating everyone with the same dignity and respect that we expect and would like to receive.
- Life’s Short. We work at Tellus because we believe in our purpose, we care about each other, we have fun and we take pride in making the world a cleaner and Safer place.
- The Tellus Hustle. We won’t stop until we solve the most pressing issues and exceed our clients’ expectations by providing professional and first-class service.
- Targeted Disruption. As a market disrupter, we are not afraid to challenge the status quo and test new approaches to create value for our clients and drive positive change in the world.
Tellus’ strategy is to deliver superior shareholder returns by developing, owning and operating a portfolio of long-life, low-cost, expandable, geological repositories and circular economy parks across Australia. Tellus’ primary offering is to provide treatment and permanent isolation of hazardous materials whilst looking to develop circular economy technologies.
Our goal is to ensure that Tellus’ geological repositories will
- consist of sites that meet international best practice site selection criteria
- be geographically spread across Australia
- be diversified by type (near surface repository in clay and deep repository in salt)
- have broad and varying waste acceptance licences (hazardous and/or exempt/ low-level radioactive waste)
- handle a variety of waste types
We believe that waste is a valuable resource and we should find ways for it to re-enter the circular economy or be stored safely until it can.
Tellus’ business model mirrors world’s best practice solutions operating in the UK, Europe, USA and Canada.
Tellus strategy is underpinned by a balanced scorecard approach – with focus on financial, customer, internal business processes, learning and growth perspectives.